Being Balanced Tip of the Day
Supta Baddha Konasana (reclined bound angle pose)
This pose is simple, deeply relaxing and provides many benefits to the various systems and organs within the body. This pose supports healthy digestion, headaches, stress, menstral cramps, menopause, hearth conditions, kidneys, liver, hips, neck, and more.
Props: 5 blankets (roll two of the blankets together to make a thick roll)
- Place one folded blanket on top of the thick roll for the head.
- Roll the last two blankets which will support the thighs and knees.
- Begin by sitting on the floor infront of the thick roll.
- Place the soles of your feet together with your knees extended wide to the sides.
- Place a rolled blanket under each thigh so your leg is fully supported (if the thighs are not fully resting add another blanket or pillow).
- Recline your mid and upper back onto the lengthwise thick roll with the head supported on the blanket.
- Elongate your
lower back by tucking the pelvis. (If the lower back is not perfectly
comfortable decrease the thickness of the roll even bringing your
entire back to the floor is fine.)
- Move your shoulders down away from your ears as you release your arms opening your chest.
- Rest for 5 minutes with your eyes closed focusing on easy inhalations and easy exhalations.
- Roll to your side to come up.